Oil or Gas Well Problem?

Call your local Fire Department and contact the Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources (ODNR).

If this is an emergency situation where safety is an issue, call 911 immediately!

If you detect any negative effects from an oil or gas well: release of gas or fluids, noxious odor, etc. call your local fire departmentand use ODNR’s computerized contact page:

You may also contact an ODNR Inspector. Click on your region to find your inspector: http://oilandgas.ohiodnr.gov/inspectorsb

To report an oil spill or other environmental emergency that poses a sudden threat to public health, call the National Response Center at 1-800-424-8802.

For anything related to water, report an environmental violation via EPA’s website: http://www.epa.gov/tips/  and you may also call OEPA at: 1-800-282-9378.

ODNR suggests… “At the well storage tanks there is an identification sign providing company contact as well as emergency contact information. The company contact as well as the emergency response number should be used depending on the nature of the issue. The emergency responders can address emergency issues (and notify ODNR) and can contact ODNR for non-emergency issues.”

Please note, NEOGAP suggests that if an emergency situation exists, you should NOT get near the storage tanks for your own safety and call 911.

Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply