Roadway Usage Agreement

Roadway Usage, Repair, and Maintenance Agreement

Townships do not have the authority to sufficiently regulate and bond their roads for overweight vehicles. To protect themselves, they can enter into an agreement with their County Engineer, who can enforce these regulations. Below is a protective agreement signed by the townships in Jefferson County. After this document was signed, the state and the industry decided to devlop an ambiguous, watered-down version. Don’t be fooled. Townships can and should sign the protective agreement. For questions, contact Salem Township Trustee Terry Bell: 740- 317-5693, who was instrumental in getting this road agreement drafted and signed.

(Download or View as a .DOC)

Leave a Reply